SiteGround Review 2023: When someone decides to build a website to publish and market any content – professionals or companies, the very first thing that comes into the picture is to determine where to get the hosting.
Confused between SiteGround and GoDaddy? Picking the best becomes an arduous job when both the options are solid competitors of each other but don’t worry my SiteGround Review article is surely gonna help you out with your queries.
So, here we go!
About SiteGround Company
SiteGround is a popular hosting recommended for WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal sites. It has its own data centres in Europe, Asia, and America, equipped with the latest hardware to ensure high performance.
The company started working in 2004 with one employee and over the years has developed into one of the market leaders with 800,000 domain addresses worldwide.
SiteGround is a hosting service with excellent services and strong customer support available 24/7. The presence of data centres on three continents,
as well as the possibility of free connection to a CDN, guarantees publishers a high speed of content delivery to visitors. This all makes SiteGround one of the best platforms for creating international projects.
SiteGround offers a set of features that should be appreciated by a variety of users. The hosting provider creates daily backups on its own,
so even if you lose your backups you can use alternative saves. What else do you need?
Is SiteGround Part Of Endurance International Group (EIG) Hosting?
Well, this is the most obvious question that will click your mind when you are talking about popular web hosting companies.
Let, me mention both SiteGround and GoDaddy, so the answer is No, both of these web hosting providers are not owned by Endurance International Group.
SiteGround Hosting Plans
The cost of the plan depends on the type of hosting chosen. The most inexpensive solution is shared hosting.
For sites with low traffic and which involves sharing server space with other projects, shared hosting is the best option.
Shared hosting is available in the form of three plans (prices are indicated with a 70% discount, which is permanent):
- StartUp – one site, 10 GB of disc space, about 10,000 visitors per month for $6.99 per month.
- GrowBig – Unlimited Sites, 20 GB of Disc Space, about 25,000 visitors per month for $9.99 per month.
- GoGeek – Unlimited sites, 30 GB of disc space, about 100,000 visitors per month for $14.99 per month.
All plans have free Website builders, SSL, and HTTPS, CDN access to increase productivity and 24/7 support. The company offers similar conditions within its WordPress Hosting and WooCommerce Hosting programs.
The main difference lies in the addition of accessibility features like free installing, moving, and updating WordPress.
Cloud hosting is needed for growing projects and blogs. It is a shared hosting upgrade that uses multiple servers in a cloud architecture. SiteGround offers four plans:
- Entry – 2 CPU cores, 4 GB storage, 40 GB SSD storage for $75 per month.
- Business – 3 processor cores, 6 GB memory, 60 GB SSD storage for $96 per month.
- Business Plus – 4 processor cores, 8 GB storage, 80 GB SSD storage for $113.28 per month.
- Super Power – 8 CPU cores, 10 GB of storage, and 120 GB SSD storage for $226.5 per month.
If you need a plan for large enterprises, sites with high traffic and complex server requirements, then you can select it specifically within
the framework of the Enterprise Hosting Programme – the cost is calculated individually for each project.
Siteground Performance And Uptime
When studying hosting performance, we, first of all, pay attention to website loading speed and uptime.
SiteGround says the company is one of the first to use acceleration technologies, be it a fresh software solution, innovative architecture, or new hardware. The list includes:
- Storage of files and databases on SSD drives.
- Using the NGINX web server and its own caching engine to speed up the loading of static and dynamic site content.
- Free connection to Cloudflare CDN, allowing faster content delivery to visitors by distributing it across multiple data centres in different regions.
- Using the new network protocol HTTP / 2 and PHP7.
The uptime is also very high at 99.9%. This indicator was achieved largely due to the use of our own technological solutions:
- The platform is built on the basis of Linux containers, ensuring stability even with large bursts of traffic.
- Customer accounts are isolated from each other.
- The built-in monitoring system checks the servers every now and then and automatically eliminates errors without human intervention.
SiteGround pays special attention to customer service. With the overwhelming majority of user reviews, technical support, which works around the clock, is noted as an advantage of hosting.
For communication, a phone call, online chat, and e-mail are available by sending a request through tickets.📲
Users who prefer to fix errors on their own will find a guide on the hosting site with answers to frequently asked questions.
SiteGround’s technical support employs over 200 professionals. Such a state allows you to promptly respond to customers at any time of the day, regardless of the time zone.
Support is provided in three languages: English, Spanish, and Italian.
Moreover, the official results of the customer survey are also published on the hosting site annually. The satisfaction rate is reported to be over 96%.
Pros And Cons
SiteGround Review will be incomplete without mentioning the Pros and Cons. They will help you analyze their services better.
- Rich functionality and useful integrations.
- High speed and performance, are achieved also through good optimization and the use of SSD drives.
- Excellent technical support that works 24/7.
- Free CDN access and SSL connection.
- Developed a network of data Centres with servers located in several countries on three continents.
- Non-transparency of expenses when billed monthly.
- Limited storage.
- Developer orientation. Many of the features offered on tariff plans do not appeal to a wide audience.
Is SiteGround better than GoDaddy?
Well, SiteGround and GoDaddy are both close competitors but when it comes to choosing the best, then SiteGround is slightly better than GoDaddy.
SiteGround offers great customer support and nearly 100% Uptime but when it comes to Godaddy it lags behind.
Is SiteGround Australian?
The answer is no, SiteGround is not an Australian-based web hosting company, rather it was founded in 2004 in Sofia, Bulgaria.
SiteGround’s data centres are much faster when compared to Australian-based ISPs.
Which SiteGround plan is best?
The most popular plan available on SiteGround is GrowBig. This plan offers the best value for your money.
On the other hand, GoGeek plans are recommended for users who need staging features, have lots of traffic, or are doing e-commerce.
Can I pay SiteGround monthly?
Of course, you can pay for your plans monthly on SiteGround.
Does SiteGround offer a free domain?
The answer is No. Unfortunately, SiteGround doesn’t offer free domains with any of their hosting plans.
Is SiteGround worth your money?
SiteGround is worth the money by offering a plethora of flexible plans to choose from. The user can use any of the plans as per the requirement.
Moreover, customer support is commendable. The services proffered by SiteGround are much better than any other cheaper web hosting provider.
Thus, if you are looking for terrific support, backups and security, then SiteGround is the best hosting provider to choose from.